From the very beginning, safety has been one of our main concerns. That's why Klyqa have rethought and redone many aspects of the security topic.
Our initial research in the smart home environment quickly showed how many vendors and devices neglect this topic. Poorly protected data, outdated software, and negligence in server and database maintenance are the main causes of security breaches. So we started right there and made sure that you can rely on Klyqa: Not only for simple and intuitive operation, high-quality workmanship and perfect functionality, but also for optimal security and the best possible protection of your data.
We rely on these 5 building blocks for maximum security:
- State of the art encryption methods: These are also called cryptography and ensure that all data is effectively protected from access and manipulation by third parties (i.e. hackers or bots, for example).
- Verification of code and infrastructure by independent institutes (pentests): Sure, we ourselves are of course convinced that we are doing our thing right and well. But it is even more important to listen to what other experts say. That's why we have our software infrastructure tested by independent institutes for any weaknesses. This way we can guarantee even better protection of all data.
- Hosting of all servers in Germany: Your data is not just "somewhere in the cloud", but on particularly secure servers that are located and hosted in Germany. Therefore, they are subject to particularly strict requirements and guidelines, which also means that they work in compliance with the German Data Protection Act (DSGVO). By the way: If you forego some features of the Klyqa app, you can even use Klyqa completely anonymously and without providing any personal data. Then everything you do stays on your network and on your local devices. Smart, right?
- A team of the best developers in Germany: Smart products and features can only come from smart minds. That's why at Klyqa we have some of the best developers in the country, who are not only responsible for the cool features of our products, but also take care of their security day by day.
- Continuous updates: Outdated software and resulting security vulnerabilities are a major cause of leaked data and a found loophole for hackers. And because smart home products are about very personal applications and areas - namely your home - it is especially important to us to offer the best possible protection. That's why we regularly release updates for our Klyqa app as well as all smart products. This way, the software always stays up to date with the latest technology - and is therefore super secure.